Thursday, April 24, 2008

Way to Go!!

So as most of you know I have been coaching high school track for the past two years, and this year I was put in charge of all the girl throwers. Well needless to say I didn't know much about throwing before this season started, and I still have a lot to learn, but I had some very excited encouragment last night. One of my freshmen throwers started off the season throwing about oh 31 feet, which is pretty good, but to get to state you have to throw 35 feet. Anyway the head coach gave me the challange to get her to go to state this year. Well last night she threw 36 feet!!! I was so excited for her! Now it wasn't a state qualifing meet which means that she will have to do it again at sectionals, which is in two weeks...but I was so excited for her, and not to sound arrogant or anything, but it made me feel like I actually did something right! So help me keep cheering her on, and hopefully she will make it to state! I will keep u updated!!!

1 comment:

Kristin Gort said...

Congratulations!!!!! Keep her going - you are a great coach :-)