Sunday, February 1, 2009

so its been a kind of crazy week. i have started getting more and more personal training clients-which in one way is fantastic! I actually feel like I am doing something good at work, rather then just sitting there wasting my time-i feel like i have a purpose and am actually helping people....which is a great feeling. but then again it is kind of hard on the kids and the fam. because of the job, i have strange hours that are no consistant and some days have me going in at three different time for like an hour each. and it is so exhausting to drag the girls all over the place. in and out, coats on coats off, pack the diaper bag....blah blah blah and by the end of each day I am just exhausted. I have started thinking that maybe I am being selfish in wanting to work so much, even though i know its not the best set up for the kids. Its just that we had cheyenne so early, that I never got to get out there and work full time for a while, like i had hoped - so now i am trying to make it work even though i think God wants me to be more present in my kids lives, but i am having a really hard time accepting that...so i think i have oome to a fork in the road. do we keep trying at this untill we think we got it right, or do i try to be a sahm, even though i think thats not what i want? i am so torn.

2 comments:

andrew,betsy,& noura said...

Shanna, you know whats best for you and the kids. You decide whats best and stick with that. If you need to work, work and make a point to be really present at home when youre home. If you dont think you should, then dont, but youll have to find a peace with that or youll resent your kids. But I know you'll do whats best for YOUR family, youre a great mom!:)

Anonymous said...

I feel for you....this is a tough decision. For me, I still struggle with the fact that I'm not out there teaching......there was a great sense of fulfillment for me. But, I feel so blessed to watch my kids right now and when Jack started having problems in preschool, I knew I needed to be home full-time. It's difficult everyday, just in a different way. Good luck with your decision and do what feels the best for you!