Thursday, November 6, 2008

No TV

So this week I have made it a goal not to watch any cartoons with Cheyenne. She has started being like addicted to the TV and that is what she always asks to do. Constanly she is saying "Mommy, I watch movie?" or "Mommy, I watch Clifford" and so on. and i usually give in at let her watch some TV everyday. which isn't bad I don't think, but then at Day care, that is all she does, and so the addiction was getting worse, and since she's not in daycare this week, I thought I would try it. Let me tell you the first day was Hell!!! She asked almost every 5 minutes, and threw fits when I said no, and we kept having to find things to do to keep her busy, but we made it, and since then it hasn't been as hard at all. She has started really liking to read books, which before, she barely ever did, and we have been playing outside and doing new things around the house. Overall its been a pretty fun week. Every now and then she will ask, but its not as often, and she usually knows the answer, so there is no fit throwing. Overall its been a pretty good week. We will have to see how the next couple days go!!!

3 comments:

andrew,betsy,& noura said...

way to go! We havent watched TV for almost 2 mos., which has been hard, but I've noticed I've been reading more and Noura naturally picks up books and "reads" all day, which is a good habit!

Kristin Gort said...

Congratulations!!! You're doing the right thing and you won't be sorry. Good habits (and bad) start young! Keep the creativity going :-) love you all

Maria said...

whatever - we didn't watch tv and now i'm totally addicted.

just kidding - good luck with the reading and no tv!